17 Feb Protect Your Gutters Before It’s Too Late
Gutters & Downpipes Keep Your House Safe & Dry
Gutters aren’t the most exciting feature of a house, but they’re certainty one of the most important. Protecting your home from harsh weather conditions, gutters and downpipes keep your house safe and dry.
However, gutters do weaken over time and neglecting them means running the risk of major damage through leaks caused by blocked or damaged guttering and downpipes.
Over time, exposed gutters receive a build-up of leaves and debris that clogs gutters and prevents water flow. If left unattended, the build-up of water and debris can cause irreversible damage to gutters including corrosion and damage to the buildings walls and foundations. You’ll subsequently have to fork out to repair your gutters or replace them entirely.
Are you unsure if your gutters are damaged and need gutter protection?
Here are some key things to look for with damaged gutters:
- They become riddled with cracks, holes, or rust spots.
- Your hangers don’t stay screwed in due to rotting or deteriorating fascia boards.
- Guttering sections don’t stay together or they sag.
- The gutter’s underside becomes discoloured. This starts as a white powdery appearance, progressing through to obvious orange rust spots.
- They have small blisters under the paint that give the gutter or downpipe the feel of sandpaper.
- Obvious holes in the gutters or downpipes. These typically occur where the water is pooling.
Before your gutters get worse, take the proactive step to protect your gutters by getting in touch with the friendly team at Aussie Gutter Protection to install gutter guards.
Their gutter guards are made of high quality aluminium, plastic or stainless steel and sit over your drains, protecting them from leaves and debris that block your drain.
Other than protecting your gutters from irreversible impacts, there are other lots of benefits to installing gutter guards:
- Protects your home – they help prevent the build-up of stagnant water in your gutters, which could otherwise back up and overflow into your home or serve as a breeding ground for insects.
- Your safety – gutter guards will prevent you from getting up on the ladder to clean the gutters.
- Fire protection – since the guards prevent the build-up of leaves and other debris in your gutters, it reduces the risk of embers falling into the leaves on your roof and starting a fire. This is one of the main sources of a house burning down in a bushfire.
- Removing unwanted birds and pests – gutter guards remove nesting areas for birds and access for pests to enter your home.